Followers

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Week 5 Fall 2018: AZBIO conference

Let the fiesta begin! I am blogging as Kassy and I sit and wait for our cocktail hour to begin at the AZBIO Awards conference. We got here extremely early but it has been nice to claim a great spot near the front of the room. We have been walking around and have seen many interesting posters. The crowd is very diverse lots of young students and many different projects and I have yet to see one like ours. I am so excited for the festivities to begin. I'll let you all know how it ends next week. Time to order my complementary margarita. 

2 comments:

  1. That is good news about not seeing a project like yours! It is refreshing to be working on a unique project. Is the AZBIO awards a conference that is the summation of a competition or are you all submitting a poster among others that are going to be judged today? Either way I am sure you all are going to do well. I am super jealous that you are enjoying a margarita while I stew over an immense mound of homework! Very excited to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I'm super jealous that y'all got to get free margaritas, but I am positive they were well deserved! I hope to see you in the lab soon and hear about your conference experience! Also, I am glad you saw a lot of diversity at the conference; it always makes me feel like I belong when I see more diversity in research. Keep on rockin'!

    ReplyDelete

Reflecting on Databases

 Relational databases eliminate the redundancy of spreadsheets and create a system that can be easily queried to obtained higher level infor...