Followers

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Fall 2019: Field Trip Day!!!!! Yaaaayyyyy!!!!

Hello friends!!! I'm sure you're wondering what field trip I'm going on? Well I am going to help spread the love of science and Robotics at the Arizona Diamondbacks Field Trip day at Chase field. I had no idea that such an event existed but I'm so thankful it does. Kids from all over the Valley, from several age groups, and backgrounds will be bussed in to Chase field where they can spend all morning visiting different vendors and educational stations. The main focus of this whole event is STEM. The photo above is of the robot that the kids will be able to play with. I personally did not build this robot, it was built by a member(s) of the PC Robotics club. I'll fill you all in next week.

5 comments:


  1. That trip sounded so fun! I really wanted to go, but I had to work so I had to miss out, super bummed about it. Also, I worked on that bot a bit, Josh had me add a support brace to the launching arm, so It didn’t move as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria this sounds so cool! If I knew ahead of time and planned more I would've definitely gone to this. Sounds like so much fun though. Im glad that there is a type of event like this for many kids across different counties and express the love they have for STEM! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I was totally wondering the field trip you were going on. Wow that sounds so fun! It is great that the children got an amazing person like you to teach them about STEM. I like how you added the robot because it adds diversity and that it is not just about bacteria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that they are beginning to focus on educating children in the versatility of the STEM fields. I remember it being left solely to the school to show kids different possibilities in career choices that aren't actually addressed until middle and sometimes high school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys for the kind words! We plan on doing this again so if you are really interested talk to Josh.

    ReplyDelete

Reflecting on Databases

 Relational databases eliminate the redundancy of spreadsheets and create a system that can be easily queried to obtained higher level infor...