Followers

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Week 2: Unknown Bacteria

This was my first official week in the lab and I absolutely loved it! I'm learning so much and can not wait to learn more. I was given a bacteria sample only known to me as B8675-C and I was tasked with preforming as series of tests to determine exactly what the bacteria was. On the fourth day of testing, with much excitement, I was able to determine that my bacteria was Bacillus subtilis. I plan on doing further testing in the lab tomorrow with the Bacillus subtilis. The series of testing was as follows: 1) Isolation Test  2)Gram staining  3)Endospore  4)Fermentation

1 comment:

  1. Hey Maria, Welcome to the S-STEM program! I am glad you loved identifying the unknown bacteria, you seem really eager to learn and that's great! I spoke to you for a bit while we were both in the lab and we're both working on a micro-plastic project! yay! We also had the same bacteria: Bacillus Subtilis.

    ReplyDelete

Reflecting on Databases

 Relational databases eliminate the redundancy of spreadsheets and create a system that can be easily queried to obtained higher level infor...