Followers

Friday, March 26, 2021

The Power of Mentors

 I am writing this blog to express my gratitude to one of my mentors. Dr. Robin Cotter, she has helped me and inspired me on my educational journey in so many ways. Dr. Cotter was the person who got me into undergraduate research. She encouraged me to apply to the TRAin scholarship even when I didn't think I would get it. To my surprise I received the scholarship and not long after Dr. Cotter asked if I would like to join her project and I was beyond happy to join the team. I truly believe without Dr. Cotter's support I would not have found the amazing experience of undergraduate research which has opened so many doors for me. I am so much further in my educational journey than I thought I would be and I am in such a good place that I should be able to graduate with my bachelors with no student debt. I know that I have put so much work and time in but without her guidance and support I don't think I would be so fortunate. Thank you Dr. Cotter, for being my mentor and for being a mother in STEAM that I can look up to, you truly inspire me. Thank your mentors and if you don't have one, I recommend reaching out to that professor that sparks your curiosity and you may just end up with an amazing mentor for life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting on Databases

 Relational databases eliminate the redundancy of spreadsheets and create a system that can be easily queried to obtained higher level infor...