Followers

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Everything I still don't know...

 1. What did you know about your field 3 years ago, and what have you learned about that has 'wowed' you? (Supplemental questions: What did you used to think was an advanced topic in your subject, and what do you think is now? What was the experience that you feel you learned the most from?)

2. What do you want to learn about over the next 3 years? (Is it scientific or personal? Why do you want to learn it? How do you plan on developing this knowledge?)


I knew close to nothing about my field three years ago. When I think back, I thought it was legal hacking and really had no idea what that entailed either. I was wowed this year to find out that hacking, is at best, about 10% of what I might do, I do not have to be a hacker to work in cybersecurity. I think a big focus of cybersecurity should be in social engineering and in attempting to be more offensive vs defensive.  

Over the next three years I want to learn about cyber forensics and principles of cybersecurity that don't necessarily involve coding. This is the first semester that I am actually getting into cybersecurity and its my junior year so I feel I have so much to learn to be a cybersecurity expert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting on Databases

 Relational databases eliminate the redundancy of spreadsheets and create a system that can be easily queried to obtained higher level infor...