Followers

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Student Mentor Post Fall 2020: It's Thursday! Blog PC TRAin :)

 Well we made it through another week and some of us have made it through midterms, I for one have mine next week. I hope that they went well enough for you all but if they did not, try not to stress too much I like to think of the final as a midterm make up. We are welcoming new cohorts this Friday, Dr. Chapman sent out an announcement in canvas about possibly welcoming them in. I will be there and I hope that some of you can come as well. A bit of advice I'd like to offer is beware of information overload, one of our cohorts touched on the subject in their blog and I actually discussed it in my philosophy course recently. Sometimes we are presented with a wealth of information and its our job to sort it all out when it comes to our research. Try your best to tailor your sources to your topic. Background info is important but there may be so much that it begins to eclipse your actual research question. It something to always think about don't let it overwhelm you and especially your audience. Remember to blog and discuss every Thursday my friends and I have to say that from your blogs it looks like everything is going very well considering our new learning environment. Keep up the great work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting on Databases

 Relational databases eliminate the redundancy of spreadsheets and create a system that can be easily queried to obtained higher level infor...