Followers

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Week 8 Fall 2018: SEM, Guest Speaker, and ASU West


This week we prepped the stutzeri and fluorescence plastic 3 time study samples for the SEM (Scanning electron microscopy). Today we analyzed as much as we could but we had a guest speaker for STEAM club (I am VP for the club) so we had to cut our session short at the SEM so we could be in attendance. It kind of sucks for me though since I have a class and have to leave club early, so I missed most of the lecture which was about ecology and entomology. Shame. Tomorrow I look forward to the ASU West Mixer, I will get the opportunity to speak with the professor of Applied Computing about eventually joining their internship. Busy week.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could've made it to see the guest speaker. Sounds like it was going to be a good time and informative. Hopefully next week you can fill me in on your project because I keep hearing really interesting things about the SEM. I heard there is a class at Phoenix College now that is teaching students how to use these different types of machines. May next week be more easy-going for you. See you at the mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. You keep reminding me about that mixer, and I'm getting more and more uncomfortable about it. I don't know how I keep managing to forget about it. Maybe it's my brains way of managing what it feels like it a potentially traumatic experience. I'm really nervous about meeting people that I might be working under later. I feel like this is a low key job interview, and I am completely unprepared. I have not done research for this. Psh. I'm gonna go try to forget about it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your weeks sound so productive and fun filled, you are really creating an amazing life for yourself Maria! And what exactly is the STEAM club may I ask, since you are the VP? But after speaking with you in person about the micro plastics project I can't get enough! I'm extremely excited to learn more about the methods you use as well as your results! I'll see you tomorrow at the mixer.

    ReplyDelete

Reflecting on Databases

 Relational databases eliminate the redundancy of spreadsheets and create a system that can be easily queried to obtained higher level infor...