Followers

Friday, November 19, 2021

Experience

 We have been going over how to translate our academic experience or our past job experience into desirable skills/traits that a future employer is looking for. When I think of my experience so far one of the first thing that comes to mind is Leadership. I have gained leadership skills by being a mother, it’s literally my job to lead my kids but I have also gained leadership skills from working on several research projects two of which I have been the lead on. I also have the desirable skill of being able to work with a team. The research experience has helped here but also most of my classes have group projects and homework. Furthermore I was very active in campus clubs at my CC so I am comfortable working in a large or small teams. Anther important skill I have is I am capable of working on my own, at times I prefer it. I love being self sufficient but I am not afraid to ask for help. I am an amazing communicator. In fact I could not be efficient in all the other areas without great communications skills. Don’t forget to emphasize your soft skills my friends, these are extremely important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting on Databases

 Relational databases eliminate the redundancy of spreadsheets and create a system that can be easily queried to obtained higher level infor...